Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Re-purposed Headboard

I don't know if I dare say this but I think that we are beginning to have a little bit of spring weather around here. It is absolutely gorgeous today!! The sun is shining and it's probably around 60 degrees. I could take this type of weather all year round....although the really hot weather is nice and so are the nice fall days. I guess I am glad I live in Michigan where we get to experience it all.

Anyway enough rambling on about the weather. I found this old headboard at a flea market last fall for a few bucks. I think everyone was wondering what I was going to do with an old headboard. I guess I was wondering too...but I just knew it could be re-purposed somehow. I started by having my husband cut the legs off of it...I knew that whatever I was going to create those didn't need to be on there. Did they get thrown away you ask? Of course not they are still in my little stash of treasures to be used in another project of mine somewhere in the near future. :) Any how, after the legs were cut off I painted it using my own homemade chalk paint for the first time! I loved how it turned out by the way...the paint was definitely a different consistency but I loved painting with it and probably will do more projects with it in the future.

After painting it one color I was so happy with how the color combination of aqua and red turned out on a different project that I did on this blog that I decided to go with the same theme. I antiqued and distressed it in red and then stenciled the word welcome. As a finishing touch to make this headboard useful in the home I added four hooks, that also came from the flea market, to the bottom. I would say that this most likely won't be used as a headboard anymore. Now I just have to clear some walls in my entry way to hang it. Have a great day!!! ~Jessica







Linked up to:
Featured at:By Stephanie Lynn
Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. What a great idea.. I just passed one up as a roadside rescue the other day.. (cause the hubby was going to be upset) and now I am kicking myself!
    Love your new coat rack!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous way to upcyle! LOve love love the coat rack! I have been liking the turquoise and red that you have done too!

    Bev at Give me a paintbrush

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great upcycle idea! It looks great. Thanks so much for sharing at the Rock N Share. Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an old headboard like this just sitting in my garage! This would be such a great thing to do with it! Thanks so much for sharing. This looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Love how it turned out.
    I'm visiting you today from CRAFT. I'm co-hosting a Link Up today; I hope you get a chance to stop by Link Up and comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    My Mom Frame ~ Printables

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with the headboard. I have an idea now for a piece of wood I have floating around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT idea for a repurpose! I love the distressed look of the paint and I love that you make it into a coat hook center! Thanks for coming to our Make Bake Create party! Please come link up again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fabulous idea to reuse part of a bed. We'll be featuring this over at Someday Crafts tomorrow, so come on over it you have a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Fellow Michigander - it's going to be an AWESOME DAY TODAY!!!!! :):):):):) And this headboard idea is great - I have several headboards and I think I might just do this to one of them today! Thanks for the inspiration. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NOW LIFE IS WORTH LIVING WITH THE HELP OF EDWARD JONES FINANCE

    Hello Every One, My Name is Trevor Cohen live in Texas and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now. I really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as i am a struggling Dad with three kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my son encountered a terrible accident last week, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again, and i could not afford the bill for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that credit score was bad, from there i run to my father and some of my freinds but they could not help, then when i was surfing through the net i came across a loan lender EDWARD JONES who provides loans at an affordable interest rate of 2% and i have been hearing about so many scams on the internet but at this time, in my desperate situation i had no choice than to give it a try and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of $85,000.00 and i payed for my son surgery and thank GOD today he is okay and can walk. I could in turn start something profitable with the remaining amount and i said to my self that i will shout loud to the world of the wonders of GOD to me through this GOD fearing lender EDWARD JONES and i will advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this GOD fearing Company via: Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. DO YOU NEED AN URGENT LOAN???
    INSTANT AFFORDABLE PERSONAL/BUSINESS/HOME/INVESTMENT LOAN OFFER WITHOUT COST/STRESS CONTACT US TODAY VIA Whatsapp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello, Do you need an urgent loan to support your business or in any purpose? we are certified and legitimate and international licensed loan Company. We offer loans to Business firms, companies and individuals at an affordable interest rate of 2% , It might be a short or long term loan or even if you have poor credit, we shall process your loan as soon as we receive your application. we are an independent financial institution. We have built up an excellent reputation over the years in providing various types of loans to thousands of our customers. We Offer guaranteed loan services of any amount to people all over the globe, we offer easy Personal loans,Commercial/business loan, Car Loan Leasing/equipment finance, Debt consolidation loan, Home loan, ETC with either a good or bad credit history. If you are in need of a loan do contact us via Whatsapp +19292227023 Call/Text +1(415)630-7138 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com
    ®Capital Managements Inc™ 2021.
    Share this to help a soul right now, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. HELLO, I am Rebecca Michaelson by name living in Europe. Here is a good news for those interested. There is away you can earn money without stress contact (THOMAS FREDDIE) for a blank [ATM CARD] today and be among the lucky once who are benefiting from this cards. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine anywhere in the world. I got my master card from a good Hacker on the internet, with this ATM Card I am able to collect $5000 dollars every day via contacts:
    +1 (985)-465-8370 {thomasunlimitedhackers@gmail.com}
    I was very poor but this card have made me rich and happy, If you want to get this opportunity to become rich and establish your business then apply for this Master card, I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $240,000.00 dollars from THOMAS FREDDIE UNLIMITED Hackers is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy and they ALSO OFFER FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE. get yours from THOMAS FREDDIE UNLIMITED HACKERS today. Kindly contact them by Email thomasunlimitedhackers@gmail.com

    Thank You and God bless

    ReplyDelete