Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Perfect Size

Hello!! Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!! Just got done cleaning up my house after the little preschool that I hold in my house on Wednesday mornings. I really look forward to my Wednesdays, four and five year olds are the best to work with!!

I don't know about you but I just love to find and re-do little, unique tables. I found this one at an estate sale. It was really cheap, I guess not everyone sees the beauty in such a little piece. I think it would be perfect alongside a couch or even in front of a mirror in a little hallway. Anyway I had to work some magic on it, so I primed it and then I painted it a few coats of a matte white so that I could transfer an image to the top. As I was painting I was also taking a wet rag and wiping the paint in places to give it that worn look. On the legs and along some of the crevices I took some blue paint and antiqued the piece. I then transferred an image, that I found on graphics fairy, to the top. I thought that the image on top completed the piece. That's all for now, I hope you enjoy your day!!

As you can see in the before picture I started to prime the piece before I took a picture. Luckily I remembered before I made it too far. :)




Parties I am linked to:
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. It's soooo pretty! I love the shape and color and distressing.....
    I always forget to take the before picture too.... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little table turned out VERY nice! Love the distressed
    white look in furniture, so "shabby chic"!!!

    Maki

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet little table! i have one like it i have yet to paint. it really is a great little size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, I love little table like this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI,


    I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would follow me back!

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good! I can totally see this in a little girls room or baby's room! Great job!

    ReplyDelete